BG2 Sticking on Loading screen

If you are experiencing problems with the mod here is the place to ask for help. Bug reports are also welcome here.
Greywood

Re: BG2 Sticking on Loading screen

Post by Greywood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Ah damn man. Okay, well I guess just let us know if any ideas come to mind, bg2 was one of my favourites definitely better than counterstrike haha

roob
Site Admin

Post by roob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Looking at the console output you posted it seems sound initialization start but doesn't finish before the game hangs. It may not be the reason though.

Do you have the latest audio drivers? Or have you updated them recently?
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

Greywood

Post by Greywood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 pm

I haven't touched audio drivers for ages. I would assume they are up to date and fine.i guess I check for updates to it in device manager then?

Greywood

Post by Greywood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:58 pm

well now i have even bigger issues beyond the mod. Updated my audio drivers, which (since I recently connected my TV as my monitor, HDMI cable out of GFX into TV, I updated it, it turned into a hd device now, I have no sound on my computer at all.
I need to stop tinkering I think, I would appreciate a PM if any actual solutions are thought up, until then, I'm going to be trying to repair my sound. greatttt.

^ fixed my sound thank god. So I'm done troubleshooting this now, It's a shame as I'd love to play the new update, but I think I'm going to have to wait for a whole new release of BG before I come back to the community. this troubleshooting has given me nightmares and rage tonight so best leave it be. haha, so irritating not knowing what went wrong, especially when every other source game ive got is fine, as well as much higher demanding games.
Last edited by Greywood on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

roob
Site Admin

Post by roob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Sorry for the issues you have faced. I'm flat out of ideas I'm afraid.

Do you use headphones of your TV for sound?
Did BG2 ever work after you switched to your TV using an HDMI cable?
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

Greywood

Post by Greywood » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:44 pm

bg2 worked flawlessly for 2 years, then all of a sudden bam, it stopped working. any actual players might remember me as "Mikeol1987" and of course "Greywood"

It seems, as thought its at varying "stages" of fuckery, because if (now) I try to join a server directly from the steam server list, well one server managed to get to the point where it had loaded three bars of "connecting to server" before it froze, wheras similarly with another server it didn't even get to that point before it locked up. I'm just faced with the splash screen and never a menu to touch. when I did have the menu many previous "reinstall" tries earlier, it was running extremely sluggishly it got as far sometimes as to load into the server, but lock up and froze before you can actually press "ok" on the server message of the day thing. so There is something really really messed up going on.

as far as my TV/vs/hd that's not the issue. I know that. I've only recently upgraded to a big tv monitor, and it didn't work previous to that when I had my old dell square monitor, its not the display anyway something to do with the install/coding or what have you. I'd rather not try to troubleshoot anymore unless someone has a "Eureka" moment in regards to what it is, as I've just spent the last hour repairing my audio trying to get this to work, so not too up for it atm haha, will still however post my .cfg files or other such things if people think of them and need to see the structures.