Patch 2.3 download and installation support

If you are experiencing problems with the mod here is the place to ask for help. Bug reports are also welcome here.
ItzPrescripZion

Re: Patch 2.3 download and installation support

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:14 am

So I'm having trouble getting this new patch to work. I've downloaded it, moved bg2 into the sourcemods folder and still haven't gotten it to work.

Greywood

Post by Greywood » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:55 am

Think the code of the mod is completely buggered atm as my BG doesn't work either, neither 2.2 or 2.3.

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:51 pm

ItzPrescripZion wrote:So I'm having trouble getting this new patch to work. I've downloaded it, moved bg2 into the sourcemods folder and still haven't gotten it to work.
Make sure you merge/overwrite all the files once you're extracted the patch to your bg2 folder.
I hated to have to kill them all, but they had to be taught a lesson.

ItzPrescripZion

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Yeah I managed to get the game name changed in the steam menu to 2.3 but still gives me the same error (classes differ from server or tables differ from server) forget which one exactly. Even un-installed and re-installed both and went through all the steps again as well still no luck.

drugbugz

Post by drugbugz » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:28 am

so i tried downloading the patch today, and you know I know my stuff I know where to extract it to, i restarted steam and still its bg2.2.2 can anyone explain?? and when i extract the patch files to the games directory i dont get a option or a pop up asking me if i want to merge or overwrite it just goes right and thats it. someone help.

ItzPrescripZion

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:30 am

drugbugz wrote:so i tried downloading the patch today, and you know I know my stuff I know where to extract it to, i restarted steam and still its bg2.2.2 can anyone explain?? and when i extract the patch files to the games directory i dont get a option or a pop up asking me if i want to merge or overwrite it just goes right and thats it. someone help.

so what I did is downloaded bg 2.2 into just the steam folder not the apps or sourcemods subfolders. then downloaded the update,transfered the bg2 file into the sourcemods folder, restarted steam and that got it working somewhat. The main menu works but no servers pop up and if you do the create a game the map won't download. So it appears the patch itself is having issues but that could just be me.

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:53 am

so i tried downloading the patch today, and you know I know my stuff I know where to extract it to, i restarted steam and still its bg2.2.2 can anyone explain?? and when i extract the patch files to the games directory i dont get a option or a pop up asking me if i want to merge or overwrite it just goes right and thats it. someone help.
so what I did is downloaded bg 2.2 into just the steam folder not the apps or sourcemods subfolders. then downloaded the update,transfered the bg2 file into the sourcemods folder, restarted steam and that got it working somewhat. The main menu works but no servers pop up and if you do the create a game the map won't download. So it appears the patch itself is having issues but that could just be me.
I am unsure what is causing your issues. The patch itself works perfectly fine, other people have been able to load and connect to serves with no issues, so it is not a coding issue with the patch. However the mod is reliant on many files from Half Life 2, so if the install paths are wrong you will have issues. Please make sure you have done the following:

1. Installed Source SDK 2007 in your Steam tools
2. Downloaded and installed Battle Grounds II, Version 2.2 (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Sourcemods\bg2)
3. Download and extract the patch to (...\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods) folder, overwriting the bg2 folder that is there.
4. Restart Steam and check your library.

I'm sorry if this seems redundant but all of the needed files are in the installer or patch, the steps must be done correctly if you want the mod to work.

If all of those steps have been done correctly then we can start trouble shooting for other issues.
I hated to have to kill them all, but they had to be taught a lesson.

ItzPrescripZion

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Tried the whole process over again making sure I had all the requirements and followed the process and Now I'm getting hit with a "missing exectuable". Can't even start the old 2.2 mod now. I will note that when I extracted the 2.3 files to the bg folder it didn't say it was overwriting the file.

roob
Site Admin

Post by roob » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Ok so your sourcemods folder has "bg2" in it like this?

And inside bg2 it looks like this?
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

ItzPrescripZion

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Yes