Patch 2.3 download and installation support

If you are experiencing problems with the mod here is the place to ask for help. Bug reports are also welcome here.
ItzPrescripZion

Re: Patch 2.3 download and installation support

Post by ItzPrescripZion » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:28 am

Alright So I got 2.3 to work to the point that it shows up in the steam menu and loads but still Cannot play it. Maps don't load correctly and servers don't show up at all.

vivern

Post by vivern » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello, i am new in game. i've never played 2.2 but i have problem with 2.3...
1. I can't see any servers in game.
2. When i enter the game via steam -> browser -> servers game crashes and all i see are black and pink squares.

Things i did to install this mod:
1. Installed sdk 2007
2. Installed sdk 2013 for multiplayer
3. Downloaded 2.2 installer and installed it in steam/steamapps/source mods
4. Downloaded 2.3 and unpacked it to sourcemods

I've no idea what more i can do...
EDIT: black-pink screen appears when i connect to the server or after downloading map

vivern

Post by vivern » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Anyone even reading posts here ?

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 am

vivern wrote:Anyone even reading posts here ?
Of course, the previous three pages fully bear that out. We're a volunteer mod team working on things in our spare time.

You've technically done everything correctly; however you don't need Source 2013 for multiplayer, this version of BG2 runs on Source 2007.
1. I can't see any servers in game.
Is this resolved? If not make sure you have all your filters unchecked, otherwise you could keep trying to connect through steam or by IP via the developer console.
I've no idea what more i can do...
EDIT: black-pink screen appears when i connect to the server or after downloading map
Assuming you unpacked the patch correctly and overwrote the proper files, this sounds like you're missing map files or materials. Check your map and material folders in your bg2 installation directory.
I hated to have to kill them all, but they had to be taught a lesson.

Nathan Hale

Post by Nathan Hale » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:00 am

The pink/black checkered business is from missing map materials. When you said you unpacked the 2.3 patch into Source Mods, were you sure that the patch's materials ended up in the BG folder ultimately and not in another folder or in Source Mods itself? The procedure you described sounds right, but it seems like some of the files did not make it where they were supposed to go, and the most likely place is that the 2.3 patch materials may have ended up in the wrong place.

This might also cause the missing server issue- that you did everything right up until you did the 2.3 patch, then something went wrong. The result was that you ended up with 2.2 and there are no 2.2 servers any more.

What does your main menu screen in BG look like? Do you see a map of the 13 colonies (this would be 2.3) with wooden buttons or do you see a screen shot with British soldiers in a line (2.2)?
Battle Grounds: Since 2001

kylefras

Post by kylefras » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:58 pm

Does anyone have a mirror for 2.3? I haven't been able to dl it.

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

kylefras wrote:Does anyone have a mirror for 2.3? I haven't been able to dl it.
Yes, there is one on the first page of this thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lobp7 ... to_2.3.zip
I hated to have to kill them all, but they had to be taught a lesson.