New YEar LB tournament (2015)

Moderator: klifsnider

karpik

New YEar LB tournament (2015)

Post by karpik » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 am

SO, the community is almost dead. The RRF disbanded as a clan. 12th start being inactive since some of them goes to RRF. 24th dead. 42cdo dead. LCG dead. Few new clans showing up.

I thought we could make small LB tournament, for fun ofc!

Any team who bring more than 12 can play. ALl you have to do is just registrate (by letting me know), and i will fix he schedule. The rules would be apply from http://lbchamp.wordpress.com/rules/

Chris

Re: New YEar LB tournament (2015)

Post by Chris » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:01 pm

12th is not inactive. Just haven't felt like doing matches.
The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen.

JessieK

Post by JessieK » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:29 am

So you saw that clans were dying, disbanding and becoming inactive, the last tournament attempted ended because teams didn't show up or play.
So you decided that hosting a tournament that would require about the same amount of players for 2 teams than the last tournament took for 6 was a good idea?

An LB tournament would be awesome but we as a community have troubles getting servers over 30 players at once including public players at the most active points in the day, how are you thinking, let's be reasonable and say 4 teams = 56 players who show up weekly is going to work out?
There are only 2 active line battle clans I just don't see this being possible right now.

I don't want to knock the idea or sound like I am trying to attack it. I'm not I am just saying it's just not a viable idea right now.
Check out my webcomic at: http://tapastic.com/series/Seraphim

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 am

I have a few thoughts on this issue.

One thing which bothers me is that 29th and 12th still empty public servers to host locked trainings. I understand why they do this, but in this era of Bg2 weekly trainings seem hardly necessary or relevant anymore when there are only two LB clans left. At least one pubber has complained on MODDB about getting kicked off the only populated server for a training. Again, I can understand clans hosting private events on their own servers, but I think it may be time to reevaluate some policies, since the competitive lb scene is not as active as it was.

My second point also goes back to clan rivalries, which used to be quite strong. However if we want the mod to limp on into the future I think clans should start working together to host public events. Perhaps something that once a week, one clan hosts a public event that both clans agree to help start, say each clan promises 5 players per week, and they can alternate between servers. This would be like the old pug skirmish matches that used to happen, and would help ensure that the public gets to play as well.
I hated to have to kill them all, but they had to be taught a lesson.

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:50 pm

All good ideas. About the clans working together to do public events, this was happening just last year 29th and 12th worked together to create 40 player (full server) line battle events on Saturdays, but it just seemed to stop and end after 2-3 tries, no idea why. I'm sure Devil and the rest of 12th wouldn't have a problem starting this up again if 29th agrees. I am in for doing this again. Was fun and a good event that just died for no reason (at least I was never given a reason as to why it stopped).

ᴇᴜᴩʜᴏʀɪᴄ ɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ

Post by ᴇᴜᴩʜᴏʀɪᴄ ɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:07 pm

I am of the opinion that clan servers are ultimately private and server owners can do as they please. Although as there are few active servers I think some revision should be made about booting pubbers for clan activities. It irks a lot of people when they get kicked from perhaps the only server with acceptable ping because a clan has training. I'm not anti clans but the community is so small I think clans should take one for the team. Maybe using a separate server exclusively for clan members for training,scrims etc so people can still play while clan stuff is happening.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 pm

ᴇᴜᴩʜᴏʀɪᴄ ɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ wrote:I am of the opinion that clan servers are ultimately private and server owners can do as they please. Although as there are few active servers I think some revision should be made about booting pubbers for clan activities. It irks a lot of people when they get kicked from perhaps the only server with acceptable ping because a clan has training. I'm not anti clans but the community is so small I think clans should take one for the team. Maybe using a separate server exclusively for clan members for training,scrims etc so people can still play while clan stuff is happening.
That would require more money being put into the clans and not everyone can afford 2 servers, along with whatever voice communication program they are using whether it be TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, or mumble.

ᴇᴜᴩʜᴏʀɪᴄ ɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ

Post by ᴇᴜᴩʜᴏʀɪᴄ ɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:29 pm

That's a fair point, although how would it change the cost of voice communication programs? They wouldn't have to replace them.