New Skirmish League (NSL): Discussion Thread

Moderator: klifsnider

T``

Re: New Skirmish League (NSL): Discussion Thread

Post by T`` » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Should there be another season of NSL, and a North American team needs +1 player, then please allow me to join. Only if the full roster consist of North American players, please.

- Tribal

klifsnider

Post by klifsnider » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:25 pm

As you can see, we have a potential 3-way tie between 29th, The Real 29th and Suggah Cult.
In the event of a 3-way tie, the score of 29th vs BOT in week 2 will not be counted because of BOT's forfeit against Suggah Cult (week 3) and The Real 29th (week 4).

These are the 3 teams that can still win this season, and what they have to do in order to win:

The Real 29th: If they beat Suggah Cult next sunday, they will win the league purely on wins.
Alternatively, they can lose by a very small margin and still win if the 29th do not get enough points in their match against Aladdin.

Suggah Cult: SC is currently 275 points behind The Real 29th in score. They must win their next match by at least 280 points AND hope that 29th doesn't get too many points in their final match.

29th: Has to win their final match by as many points as possible. They can only win if Suggah Cult beats The Real 29th.

joethepro36

Post by joethepro36 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:20 am

But 42nd have more points than the other clans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdofmoYcJNE

Sebek

Post by Sebek » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:21 pm

How do you wanna handle the forfeit situation (three way tie), like in the rules and just count the points of the first 2 matches bcs every other week were forfeits for one of the three teams? Or do we say naaah lets count every matches except against BOT and AFK, the both forfeiting teams, basically counting the 3 matches where each team fought the same opponents, teams beeing 42nd, 49th, 29th, real 29th?

Both solutions are quite fucked actually, first one counts matches against different teams, 2nd one counts matches against same teams but on different maps with different chances for more/less score...

Or as Jessie said doing decider matches? Having that many forfeits is crappy for this...

Not that I wanna change it for now but maybe we can find a better way for the next tournament and ties

@Edit:
Most accurate thing would actually be choosing one map and letting the tie teams play against each other on the same map... but that would be a bit lame i guess.

@Edit2: Had nothing to do:
Points based on weeks without forfeits and current points system:
9155 real 29th
6790 29th
5650 49th

Points based on matches against the same opponents and current points system:
8840 29th
8579 real 29th
8482 49th

Points based on weeks without forfeits and the point difference counting system:
4610 real 29th
2020 29th
-550 49th

Points based on matches against the same opponents and the point difference counting sytem:
2375 29th
537 real 29th
88 49th

You do it the way you want, prob after the rules would be best since noone asked for a different counting system for forfeit matches (So first scores are the final result then). If i misstyped in the calculator I'm sorry, you're welcome to recalculate. Was a nice tournament (except for the many forfeits), waiting for the next one.

klifsnider

Post by klifsnider » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:47 pm

I have updated the scoreboard.

Regarding the three-way tie, I did not count the scores for matches against Aladdin and BOT.
This seemed like the fairest way to deal with the forfeits, I personally believe that the team you are playing against has a bigger impact on the score than the map you are playing on.

At this point, I have not yet decided how to deal with the three-way tie.

It should also be noted that in week 5, a player on team Suggah Cult used map exploits which would have led to a forfeit loss, but The Real 29th chose not to file a complaint.

Sebek

Post by Sebek » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:07 pm

I heard about the map abuses and I thought about a new rule between "no forfeit" and "forfeit":
Like for insults or small map abuses we could handle it in a way that the team that got charged with unsportsmanlike behavior looses 10% points and the other team gains 10% points in further tournaments... or the blamed team looses 20% or 15% and the harmed team gains nothing, dunno whats a fair amount in this case. This results in not a total forfeit but fills the gap between a total loose and no harm for the blamed team. It might not. ensure a win for the harmed team but could boosts their points (if we decide that they gain some) or at least lowers the points of the blamed team.

Hard abuses like glitching to places were you are actually not allowed to be, like on roofs or out of the map, and cheats of course would still result in forfeits.

Darktum

New Skirmish League NSL Discussion Thread

Post by Darktum » Mon May 20, 2019 6:23 pm

new thread. /throws confetti

ETA: Wow, the last one went on for pathologically long, 2 years.